Wednesday, November 18, 2015

My BFF's

I was walking down the hallway with my students the other day, and it hit me, these kids are my best friends. In addition to spending most of my waking hours with them, I share my thoughts and feelings with them regularly. I teach them my math tricks, they teach me about Minecraft. I listen to their questions and  I offer support in every way. They've made me belly laugh, they've driven me crazy, they've brought me to tears (the happy and sad kind) and they've made me feel good about wearing crazy costumes. Some ask me questions, about my children, and my husband and my pets. Some tell me they like my outfit while others like my nails. I know what kinds of foods they like, and they know I love Wawa coffee. I can tell who needs more time to finish because they are feeling down. I know who needs more attention because mom's away on business. I know who needs more sleep because the Eagles played a late Sunday night game. We know this about each other. They know my bad days, and I know their's. My BFF's are a bunch of 8, 9, & 10 year olds. That's cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment