Thursday, February 5, 2015

Is it a snow day or NOT????

There's nothing more exciting than a potential SNOW DAY when you're a teacher. It starts when you overhear someone in the hallway saying, "Oh yeah, did you hear we're going to be getting snow...."  Immediately, I jump into high alert mode. I stand at attention. Did you say, SNOW? As in snow storm, as in SNOW DAY? "You didn't hear?, someone says, "Are you oblivious?," is the standard response. I have to admit, I'm not a fan of the news shows and any time I do try and catch the weather report I'm either too early, or too late. So, NO, I'm not oblivious, I just don't live my life following Accuweather! So we go home and WAIT. We check our phones and emails incessantly. G-d for bid they tell us the night before.... We WAIT some more. With pajamas on inside out and a spoon under our pillows we drift off to sleep. Dreams of snowflakes and hot soup, watching movies under the covers, and hot cocoa. THEN, I'm UP! I sit and stare at the phone waiting for the 5:00 AM call; 5:15, 5:30, 5:35, 5:36.....nothing. Now I'm angry. Alarm clock blares. Wearily I roll out of bed; I grunt; I moan; I growl. But.....I'm a "glass half full" kind of girl, maybe they'll be some snow later today?

No comments:

Post a Comment